Amazon reinvents the lock and key game
Jeff Bezos wants your house keys!
The world’s largest retailer Amazon.com Inc introduces a new scheme. The team announced this on Wednesday. Peter Larsen, said, “This is not an experiment for us. This is a core part of the Amazon shopping experience from this point forward.”
In case you missed the news, here’s a lowdown:
- Amazon launches Amazon Key, a lock and camera system that users could control remotely. This would also help delivery boys drop off packages into homes.
- The customers could create temporary passcodes for friends and other service people
- This new scheme might help Amazon capture sales from customers who cannot make it home to receive an order personally
- Amazon’s market for home securities also aggravates, competing with rivals like Alphabet Inc’s Nest Lab
- Amazon Key launches in November 8th 2017
Do you think these schemes could be introduced in India too? Do let us know.
Excerpts from Reuters.