Paytm: Now you could pay through your chat!
Paytm scores a sixer this time!
In a move to take on biggies such as Flipkart and Facebook, Paytm, digital payment service has launched ‘Inbox.’ This is a messaging service that allows users to chat and transact simultaneously.
The largest payments company will include ‘Paytm Inbox,’ a chat messenger like interface. The users could send, receive and even send a request for funds within the messenger. This is besides usual functions like texting, media exchange and location sharing.
We have highlighted some salient features for our readers’ convenience:
- Consumers can also send photos, videos, live location capture and share moments with the built-on camera.
- Paytm includes notifications, orders and games too apart from the messaging service.
- Paytm has also introduced cricket and other trivia based games to make the app more engaging.
- Paytm Inbox will send notifications for offers and order status too.
- Though Paytm was not a pioneer to introduce the chat facility, yet with 200 million users, it has the capacity to make the launch mainstream.
“We have realized that besides making payments, our users and merchants also like to communicate with each other. There is a need of social messaging, commerce and payments seamlessly blending into one another. One step for us towards meeting this consumer need is “Paytm Inbox”, says Deepak Abbot, a senior vice president at Paytm.
Paytm is by far the largest player in the payments space. Do you think ‘Inbox’ option would make it even more popular, beyond 200 million in the near future?
We would love to hear from you.
Excerpts from Live Mint and The Economic Times.